Little General's Little Generals

Little (adj.): pleasingly small ("a cute little thing")
General (n.): something (as a concept, principle, or statement) that involves or is applicable to the whole

August 12, 2008

S'more Smores

At least once a summer we get together at Mom and Dad's house and have smores. This is becoming an annual tradition that I rather enjoy. Last night was that night and it was very pleasant. Dad and Gary got the fire going and around the fire we gathered. While we waited for the fire to turn the wood into marshmallow melting machines, we listened to Dad play his harmonica and sang a little bit too.

Once the coals were perfect, Mom started roasting those marshmallows six at a time. My Mom roasts marshmallows perfectly. While she was doing that, Sherry and I laid out the graham crackers and chocolate so that we could have a smores assembly line. The smores vultures were hovering, so the first batch was gone in a flash. The second and third batches were soon devoured as well.

The thing that makes me smile the most about smores is that someone always says, "Can I have s'more smores?" It's like there is a universal law that states that at least one person must say this phrase like it is an original thought, one that has never been uttered before. I myself have said this many times and gotten a kick out of it each time.

So, can I have s'more smores?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home